November 15, 2013

Ask FK... 01




From time to time, I may post some Q & A stuff from my ask.fm account. It's much less of a hassle than dealing with google+ when I want to livestream something.


I want your honest opinion, fk please. Do you think tna will stay aflot? I have seen the numbers for the show and it worries me, I REALLY hate the fanboys who want it dead, do you think they will stay afloat, or will the legacies of Styles, Roode, Storm, joe, Areis, die despite working thier ass off?

I think they'll be okay in the long run. Right now they're in fall-back-and-regroup mode, so they can get their expenses under control. Clearly they weren't ready to go on the road, but once they move back to a permanent location, things should stabilize financially. They do need to address the viewership issue, but they still get at least a million viewers a week and we haven't heard anything about Spike being unhappy with them. Things may not be great for the company right now, but I don't think the situation is as awful as the haters are saying.

Try not to listen to the fanboys. They've been predicting TNA's imminent doom for years and the company is still there.


Do you think Hogan benefiting TNA in the last 4 years?

Hogan being there added credibility to the brand and supposedly opened doors for the company, but it seemed like those things either didn't pan out or they weren't able to properly exploit them. He didn't generate any real increase in ratings; in fact, viewership since he left has been comparable to the numbers when he was there, to say nothing of the much higher ratings they were doing before he showed up in 2010. Plus, all the stuff he pushed for that he said would increase business (going live, going on the road, etc.) really haven't done so and have only put additional financial drain on the company.

I'm not backstage or anything, so I don't have all the details, but from my perspective it seems like Hogan just wasn't worth the money. Personally, I'm glad he's gone. The show has been a lot better without him.


If the rumors are true that Daffney's lawyer has Sorensen as his new client, do you think tna is in trouble?

I've talked about this before, but it seems to me that TNA tried to do right by Sorensen. They gave him a job backstage while he recovered and paid him more than a normal person would make for performing the same duties. Thing is, he apparently wasn't as interested in working backstage as he was in returning to the ring, which they were reluctant to clear him for out of concern for his health. It was an unfortunate situation for which there didn't seem to be an easy solution. I sympathize with Sorensen, but really, what were they supposed to do?


Who would you like to take over TNA Creative P.S. #SAVETHEDAY

I'd like TNA to take a chance on someone new, meaning someone outside the industry. I think the current crop of writers in both companies have been stuck in a bubble for too long, which becomes more evident when they keep using recycled storylines.

I really believe that if there is some creative mind out there that can get the business out of the slump it's in, it isn't someone currently in the industry. It's someone outside the business who won't be inclined to think the same way they do, who has new ideas that haven't been tried yet and would be more likely to break from traditional formula and try different things.


if TNA offered you a job in creative, would you take it (with all the responsibilities and work necessities)? and do you think you can do a better job than the current team even with no control over talent relations?

Yeah, I'd take it! I've actually applied for a job with the company a couple times. Never got a response, but at least I gave it a shot. It's a really hard job, I'm sure, but that's the dream.

I'm not going to say that I think I'd be better at it than the people who do it now because I'm sure there are a ton of things going on behind the scenes, effecting creative decisions, that we don't know about. I don't know if I'd be good at it, but I'd kill myself trying to be great at it.


With TNA slowly returning to the way it was. Do you think the Six Sided Ring will return any time soon? Liek when they return to Orlando perhaps? 

It's possible. It would be a nice way to stick it to Hogan and Bischoff (especially after the way they got rid of it, like they were doing us all a huge favor), and continue this trend of TNA regaining its identity that it slowly lost when those two came in. But reportedly, the 4-sided ring is easier on the wrestlers' bodies, which is more important than any cosmetic changes. If that's the case, I think they should stick with 4 sides.


Styles is going to defend the world title in AAA and also other places. thoughts on that

I like it. It sounds like exactly the sort of thing CM Punk should have been doing to really sell the storyline after he left WWE with the title, instead of just making one surprise appearance at a convention and then returning to the company after a week.

Styles defending the title in other companies is going to build intrigue and get people excited for him to return to TNA as long as they don't make the same mistake WWE did and bring him back too soon. They should draw this out for a couple months and wait until fans are really chomping at the bit to see him come back.

I hope he goes to Japan too. AJ defending the TNA title in NJPW would be perfect, especially after CM Punk teased that he would, but never did.


Are the rumors true that Madison Rayne will be coming back to dethrone Gail Kim? They planted the seeds of that feud at Knockouts Knockdown. 

I have no idea if it's true. This is the first I've heard about that. Frankly, I kind of doubt that's what they had in mind at KOKD. It's pretty well established that these One Night Only ppvs are stand-alone shows that don't really have any bearing on the product. I think that was just management throwing Madison a bone and letting her make an appearance since she was still a part of the division at the time. I didn't read more into it than that.

Though, if that did turn out to be the case, I think it would be one of the worst things they could do for a number of reasons:

#1) The Knockout division is horribly stale due to a lack of fresh, new talent. Bringing back a stale former Knockout who's already been around the block repeatedly, already had storylines with all the other stalwarts, already held the title multiple times and failed to get over after several years of getting shoved down the fans' throats, is not going to solve the problem. That would make the problem worse.

#2) Gail vs Madison is hardly a compelling match-up. I suppose some people might want to see it, given the history they have, but with Gail aligned with Tapa now, you'd expect them to be booked as a dominant force that would realistically just plow right through someone like Madison Rayne.

#3) There would be no point at all in having Gail drop the title to Madison. None. With Gail and Tapa looking so strong right now, the woman who takes the title from Gail is likely to get a pretty big rub. It should go to a new girl who would really benefit from it and get put on the map as a result. Giving that rub to someone who's already established and already done everything she's going to do would just be a waste IMO.

#4) We don't know if Madison is even coming back at all. With a newborn baby at home, she's going to have zero free time on her hands. Is she going to want to go on the road again and just leave the kid at home? Is she going to have enough time to train properly? Apparently she wants to return to the ring, but who knows, she may have to prioritize now. Babies need a lot of attention. 


Thoughts on Billy Corgan, of The Smashing Pumpkins, potentially buying TNA? 

There isn't enough information out there for me to know how to feel about it. Last I heard, he wasn't in the running anymore, and that's IF you believe the rumors that the company is for sale and not just looking to spread out the cost by taking on some minority owners. 

If it were true...... beats me, man. We know Billy Corgan is a wrestling fan, but can he run a wrestling company? I guess he's kept Resistance Pro from going out of business, so that's something. But could he run the second largest wrestling company in the world? I mean, successfully? That kind of thing takes a lot more than just being a fan. 


I know youve already applied before 2 TNA but u should apply again. Have you applied for the writter position yet? 

I did. That's why I wasn't tweeting much for the past few days. I was busy working on my application, stressing over it, trying to make everything look good and professional to the best of my ability -- cover letter, resume, writing samples, etc. 

Don't get me wrong. I'm not delusional. I know this is the longest long shot in the world and I'm not expecting it to lead to anything. I just wanted to be able to say I gave it a shot. 

No comments: